You often hear the shock treatment is the best solution for cleaning the swimming pool even the state of the pool is too awful, but do you know how to use and the impact of the treatment on your pool? Knowing the shock treatment is not enough because you should understand how to shock the pool with the proper solutions.
What is a shock treatment?
A shock treatment is an additional way to mix or add oxidizing to the water to demolish chloramines and other undesirable compounds.
Once you put chlorine in your pool, the chlorine molecules enclose themselves to germs, bacteria and other materials as well as one chloramine.
These chloramines are primarily dead one and they could do anything, so you need to remove them from your pool. In this situation, you have a shock treatment.
The main categories of the pool shock
This is one of the most popular categories of the pool shock with 65 percent obtainable chlorine and the price is cheaper than other shock solutions.
Before adding this shock, you should keep the bleaching away from the pool water by putting five – gallon bucket in each pound of the calcium hypochlorite.
Because the disappearing is so slow, this shock will not dissolve the water clearly before hitting on to the bottom of the pool.
Thus, you need to be patient to wait for the complete process which spends about 8 hours. In general, other pool owners will add this shock at night to skip the waiting process.
If you test the pool water and recognize that the amount of calcium is increased, then you should take this type of shock.
Lithium hypochlorite has 35 percent of obtainable chlorine, and the price is higher than the calcium hypochlorite.
With this shock, you do not need to dissolve the pool water although you still need to spend 8 hours for waiting for the inside process. Then, you are able to go swimming the pool after 8 – hour procedure.
Grandular Chlorine (Di – Chlor)
Unlike the lithium hypochlorite and calcium hypochlorite, you are able to add it directly to the water without dissolving beforehand, but you still need to have 8 – hour waiting time.
Di – Chlor contains 60 percent chlorine and cyanuric acid – a kind of chlorine stabilizer, so it could protect the chlorine from the sun destroying.
Though shocking is more expensive than lithium and calcium, you totally could get it as regular chlorine and pool shocking solutions.
Potassium Peroxymonosulfate (non – chlorine shock)
Potassium Peroxymonosulfate is the best solutions for bromine pools and you also use it in the chlorine pools.
This method does not take too much time as you do not have to dissolve the pool water, reduce the time to return the swimming pool from 8 hours to 15 minutes.
The drawback of this solution is the cost is highly expensive than other three types of shocks since you need to consider your budget clearly.
Tricks to use the swimming shock pool
- After recognizing the difference between four types of the shock pool, you enable add the shocks into the pool promptly. Nonetheless, you still need to learn some tricks to tackle this solution without problems.
- Safety is the first priority, so you need to wear the protective glasses, gloves and outfits;
- With the type of shock need to pre – dissolve and dissolve, you should mix the chlorine in 5 gallon bucket of water with one pound;
- You should not make the water to cause the shock for the swimming shock;
- Before taking clothes, you should choose the outfits which are not expensive and you do not care much about it;
- You use the lukewarm water to use the shock treatment rather than the cold state of water for swimming shock;
- Avoid the shock chemicals touch your skimmer, your eyes and your hairs directly;
- To stir the shock, you should use a stick to make certain the shock totally dissolves;
- After mixing the shock to the water in the bucket, you should pour the bucket around your pool slowly (you sometimes need to get the amount of shock at the bottom of the bucket. You could dip the bucket into the pool);
- Evade use the mixture of four types of the pool shock at the same time to your pool as you are not sure about the impact later;
- Apply the pool shock at night or in the afternoon because the sunlight enables to destroy the structure of the chlorines;
- You should use this solution weekly to clean the pool as well as kills and prevent the pool algae;
- If you use the shock routinely but you do not get the positive result, then you could take the best robotic pool cleaner for leaves as another option for staying clean your pool;
- Do not forget to test the chlorine and pH levels regularly.
It is not difficult to know how to shock a swimming pool once you recognize and understand four core types of the pool shock. You could combine the pool shock and the best automatic pool cleaner reviews.
On the flip side, you could also ask the experience from experts or other owners to apply their treatments to your pool, but you should get the solutions purposefully as your situations are different.